Solar panels are a very popular alternative power supply. There’s even been a worldwide surge in power supply companies installing home solar system kits and solar panels.
Solar panels are a cost-effective energy option. By generating electricity through sunlight, solar panels can save you money on energy bills. They also provide several other advantages—and those benefits can grow the longer you have home solar panels for electricity!
3 Benefits of Solar Panels
Using solar panels has become the new trend in renewable power. Including financial benefits, there are some other relevant reasons why you should install solar panels at your home.
1. Solar Panels Are Good for the Environment.
Solar panels are a green and clean source of energy. They are the best way to lessen your carbon footprint. They don’t contaminate nature. They don’t release any greenhouse gases, they just need a source of clean water to do the job. So, they are safe and good for the environment.
2. Solar Panels Can Mean Cheaper Electricity Bills.
Generating your source of electricity means that you will be using less electricity from the utility supplier, and this will reduce your electricity bill.
Plus, you can also sell the unused electricity which you have generated through solar panels.
3. Solar Panels Can Improve Grid Security.
When more people are using solar panels, people are less likely to experience brownouts and blackouts. This provides us with better electricity grid security.
How Much You Can Save With Solar Panels?
The amount of money you could save with solar panels depends on:
- Your electricity consumption: How many appliances do you use during the day when the panels are active? Are your appliances energy-efficient or older?
- Your home: How energy-efficient is your home? Do you feel drafts around windows and doors? How’s the insulation?
- The solar panels: How efficient and new are your solar panels? Do you have monocrystalline solar panels, which are efficient can be more expensive, or polycrystalline solar panels, which can be more affordable? And how were your solar panels installed?
The answers to these questions can start to reveal the amount of savings you could see when you install solar panels on your home.
How Much Do Solar Panels Cost?
The actual cost of solar panels depends on a small number of factors. For a standard solar panel system with installation service, expect to pay between $15,000 and $25,000.
Solar panels in homes are usually in the range of 4 kW to 10kW, depending on how much electricity you are using and your budget.
Standard solar systems range from 300W to 400W depending on what type of inverter or module design works best.
If you want some electrical work to install the solar panels safely, then there might be some extra costs too.
Are Solar Panels Worth It?
YES. If you want FREE electricity at your home or if you’re environmentally conscious, solar panels are the way to go. They are a one-time, upfront investment that can save you a lot of money in the long run. In fact, solar panels will not only decrease your electricity bill, but they can also increase the value of your home or commercial property. Plus, you may qualify for special rebates or incentives that could put money back in your pocket.
Find the best energy providers in…
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New York
- Rhode Island
- Washington DC
Need to sign up for new electricity service? Find the cheapest electricity & gas service providers. Click HERE
Learn more about electricity service, energy plans & how to save money in the helpful articles below.
- Best Ways to Save Electricity (Reduce Energy Use)
- How Do I Sign Up for Electricity?
- What Is Prepaid Electricity?
- Why Is My Electric Bill So High?
- What’s a Kilowatt-hour (kW)?
- Power Surges: What, Why & How to Prevent Them
Para leer esto en español, haga clic aquí.