TrueSigma’s Contributor Guidelines
TrueSigma is a hub for finding the best businesses, services, financial advice, lifestyle, and news. We cover everything from technology trends and global news updates to healthcare benefits and finance suggestions. True Sigma sifts through the deluge of online information to bring you the most important and relevant content of the day. Here are the five qualities we look for when evaluating what to publish:
- Expertise: You don’t have to be well known to be a contributor, but you must know a lot about the subject you’re writing about.
- Evidence: It’s not enough to know your subject deeply — you have to prove it to the reader. Referring to supporting research is one good way to do this; describing relevant examples is another. If you have interesting data, let us know.
- Originality: New ideas in management are rare and precious — and one of the primary reasons readers turn to TrueSigma. If you’re writing about a well-worn topic, we’ll be looking for a unique argument or insight. We’ll also be looking at how well it builds on what we’ve already published and whether it might inform or delight the HBR audience specifically.
- Usefulness: TrueSigma readers come to us not only to stay on top of new developments in management thinking, but also to change the way they and their organizations actually do things. If you can explain your thinking so that the reader understands how to apply it in a real situation, that will make it more powerful.
- Writing that’s persuasive and a pleasure to read: TrueSigma readers are smart and skeptical and busy. If you don’t capture their interest right away, they will move on to something else.
We retain final decision rights over headlines. If we rewrite your title, it’s because we believe the revised version will help your idea reach the audience it deserves.
Content should be enjoyable to read and no less than 750 words in length. 1200 words are encouraged if necessary to convey your point.
Not allowed at TrueSigma
- Overtly promotional material
- Gambling or adult related material
Thanks for considering working with us. TrueSigma